12/29/10 - Delhi Twp attic fire, 1859 Tupelo Tr.
The Delhi Township Fire Department responded to a report of a chimney fire just after 11 AM on Wednesday, December 29, 2010. Smoke conditions on arrival at 1859 Tupelo Trail led the 1st arriving chief to believe there was an active attic fire underway. Mutual aid was requested for manpower from the Mason Fire Department which sent an engine and 6 men. Delhi crews entered the residence and made access to the attic above the garage where the main body of fire was. The fire was knocked down quickly and the area checked well for extension. Careful overhaul was required due to the headway the fire had gained in the attic prior to being discovered by the homeowners. A wood burner in the garage is believed to be the cause of the fire.Read More